Monday 12 December 2011

The gang comes inside

It's cold and quiet outside in the Canadian Zone 6 garden.  A number of plants have come inside for the winter.  Some are doing beautifully well and others...well, they've been happier.


The hibiscus is looking good in our kitchen, and even graced us with some beautiful blossoms before it settled in to just shining and smiling.  (On the floor beside it are my gladiolus corms drying out)


The geraniums are hardy souls and barely skipped a beat coming inside.  beside it is lemon thyme...lovely on fish!


More geraniums (just awaiting cuttings being taken!) and dusty miller (ditto)


The dipladenia didn't climb outside all summer (I thought it was a mandevilla) but now that it's inside, it's sending out these weird long shoots.  I've taken a bunch of them off and am hoping they'll root.


The palm is happy, happy, happy inside.  It's called a bunch of friends out to play!  I have no idea what these alien shoots are, but I'll take some cuttings and see what develops.


Anyone recognize this?


Oh, the bougainvillea.  Poor, sad soul.  It protested coming inside by dropping most of its leaves and all of its flowers.  Then one brave stem made a break for it!  I'm not sure where it's going, but it's doubled in height.  I plan to trim this dude back and hope the more tender stems will root for me.


Just where do you think YOU'RE going???

1 comment:

  1. Mr Bougie wants to boogie! I was thinking that you alredy were in your tropical paradise...and was confrused!

    To a terrific 2012!

    ReplyDelete