Sunday 27 November 2011

Tubers, beautiful tubers!

These lovely little gems presented themselves to me in a pot I was cleaning out for the winter.  The plants growing in the pot had long since stopped looking like anything plant-like, and I didn't even notice them as I ripped them out.  BUT!  When I went to empty the soil, these beauties made their presence known. 

My husband pronounced them "gross" but I think they are lovely.


I have a sneaking suspicion I know what they'll grow for me, but does anyone want to hazard a guess???

3 comments:

  1. Sweet potatoes?? This will be fun to watch your journey! Off to check out your little corner of the world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda, you are very close! I think these are sweet potato vine tubers...but I don't know if they are the lovely chartreuse ones or the gorgeous dark purple kind. I planted these beauties, and will let you know!

    If you look up Balenbouche Estate (www.balenbouche.com) you will see our down-the-road neighbours and get a sense of our locale once we move

    ReplyDelete
  3. well i could not hazard a guess but I hope they grow something lovely!

    ReplyDelete