Friday 6 January 2012

I am undaunted



Mostly to help deal with gardening withdrawal symptoms but also to help increase my learning, I planted (indoors, it was -30C here a couple of days ago!) seeds for Rose of Sharon hibiscus, above (aren't they adorable fuzzy little things?) and begonia, below.  The hibiscus seeds were easy to gather from a neighbour's tree, in fact, to many people they're so prolific that they are a nuisance.

The begonia seeds are like dust, so they're pelleted in these little yellow balls.  I already learned something...add the pellets TO the moistened peat plugs rather than put them in before the water, as the yellow covering dissolves immediately, and the water washed it off the pellet.  You can't see at all where the actual seeds are.

I sure hope I get some sprouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment